Artisanal Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Artisanal Rosemary Focaccia Bread is a delightful Italian classic that’s surprisingly easy to make at home. The scent of fresh rosemary wafting through your kitchen as this bread bakes is simply irresistible. This recipe is perfect for both beginners and seasoned bakers, and it’s a great way to impress your friends and family.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for 10 minutes until it’s frothy.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and 3 cups of flour to the yeast mixture. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes, incorporating the remaining 1/2 cup of flour as needed until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Punch down the dough and transfer it to a greased baking sheet.
- Press the dough into a rectangle shape on the baking sheet. Cover it and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Make dimples in the dough with your fingers and sprinkle fresh rosemary and coarse sea salt on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the focaccia is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Allow it to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
Artisanal Rosemary Focaccia Bread is a fragrant and flavorful Italian bread topped with fresh rosemary and sea salt. Serve it as an appetizer, side dish, or even as a sandwich bread.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 180, Total Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 0g, Protein: 5g
Artisanal Rosemary Focaccia Bread is a true culinary delight. Its crispy crust and soft, airy interior make it a versatile choice for any occasion. Whether you’re enjoying it dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar or using it as a base for sandwiches, this bread is sure to impress. So, roll up your sleeves and embark on a delightful baking adventure with this classic Italian recipe!