Brunch Goals: Eggs Florentine
Elevate your brunch game with our delightful recipe for Eggs Florentine. This classic dish combines the richness of poached eggs, the creamy elegance of hollandaise sauce, and the earthy goodness of spinach on a perfectly toasted English muffin. It’s a brunch revelation that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- For the hollandaise sauce:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preparing the hollandaise sauce. In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water (double boiler) and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter while whisking continuously until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, wilt the spinach over medium heat.
- Poach the eggs to your desired doneness.
- To assemble, place a handful of spinach on each toasted muffin half, followed by a poached egg. Spoon the hollandaise sauce generously over the top.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Eggs Florentine is a timeless brunch classic that embodies elegance and flavor. With its harmonious blend of ingredients, this dish is perfect for a leisurely weekend brunch or a special occasion breakfast.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving: 380, Fat: 26g, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 17g
Make your brunch unforgettable with this Eggs Florentine recipe. Its sumptuous flavors and exquisite presentation will undoubtedly make it a brunch favorite in your household. So, gather your ingredients, follow our simple steps, and indulge in the brunch of your dreams.