Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pie
If you’re craving comfort food that’s easy to make, look no further than this delicious Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pie recipe. With its buttery, flaky crust and creamy chicken filling, it’s a family favorite that will have everyone asking for seconds.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and potatoes. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken and cook until it’s no longer pink in the center.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour in the chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the frozen mixed vegetables, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Unroll one of the pie crusts and place it in a deep-dish pie pan. Pour the chicken mixture into the crust.
- Unroll the second pie crust and place it on top of the filling. Trim any excess crust and crimp the edges to seal the pie.
- Make a few small slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
This Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pie is a comforting and hearty dish that’s perfect for family dinners. With a flaky crust and a creamy chicken and vegetable filling, it’s a classic recipe that’s always a hit.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 420, Fat: 20g, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 18g
For a meal that’s sure to please both kids and adults, make this Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pie today. It’s the ultimate comfort food that brings warmth and flavor to your table.