Exquisite Apple Pie Dessert
Create a storytelling style description of at least 200 to 300 words about the recipe Exquisite Apple Pie Dessert.
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (about 6 medium)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
- In small bowl, beat egg white and water. Brush over crust; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch-wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
A classic apple pie that’s sweet, spiced, and absolutely delightful.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories: 320
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 3g
Make a story conclusion of at least 200 to 300 words about the recipe Exquisite Apple Pie Dessert.