Hearty Butternut Squash Soup
If you’re looking for the perfect fall comfort food, you’ve found it in our Hearty Butternut Squash Soup. This recipe is a warm and satisfying bowl of goodness, packed with the rich flavors of roasted butternut squash, aromatic spices, and a touch of creaminess. It’s the ideal way to cozy up on a chilly evening or impress guests at your next dinner party.
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and place it on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until it’s tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- While the squash is roasting, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and garlic, sauté until softened.
- Once the squash is done, let it cool slightly, then scoop out the flesh and add it to the pot with the onion and garlic.
- Add the vegetable broth, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring to a simmer and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer it to a blender in batches.
- If desired, stir in the heavy cream for extra creaminess.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes to heat through, then serve hot.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Our Hearty Butternut Squash Soup is a delicious blend of fall flavors, and it’s sure to become a seasonal favorite. Serve it with crusty bread or a sprinkle of fresh herbs for an extra touch of elegance.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 220, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 3g
Warm your soul with this delightful soup, and enjoy the tastes of autumn in every spoonful. Whether it’s a family dinner or a special occasion, our Hearty Butternut Squash Soup will always hit the spot. Give it a try and savor the comfort it brings on those chilly evenings.