Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry sauce is a beloved Thanksgiving and holiday tradition that adds a burst of tangy, sweet flavor to your favorite dishes. Making your own Homemade Cranberry Sauce is easier than you might think and brings a homemade touch to your festive table.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Start by rinsing the fresh cranberries and picking out any stems or debris.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, granulated sugar, water, and the zest and juice of one orange.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool to room temperature. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Transfer the cranberry sauce to a serving dish and refrigerate until it’s time to serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: Approximately 2 cups
This Homemade Cranberry Sauce is the perfect accompaniment to your holiday turkey or as a sweet condiment for various dishes. Its vibrant flavor and homemade touch will impress your guests.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size – 2 tablespoons; Calories – 47; Total Fat – 0g; Total Carbohydrates – 12g; Dietary Fiber – 1g; Sugars – 9g; Protein – 0g.
Cranberry sauce isn’t just for Thanksgiving; it can elevate your meals year-round. Whether you spread it on sandwiches, serve it alongside roasted meats, or use it as a dessert topping, this Homemade Cranberry Sauce is sure to delight your taste buds. Embrace the joy of homemade goodness and add a pop of flavor to your next meal with this simple and delicious cranberry sauce recipe.