Homemade French Baguettes
If you’ve ever dreamed of baking authentic French baguettes at home, you’re in for a treat. Follow this simple recipe to create crispy, golden baguettes that will transport you straight to a Parisian bakery.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the warm water and yeast. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it foams.
- Add the flour and salt to the yeast mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) and place a baking stone or an inverted baking sheet inside.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and shape them into baguettes.
- Slash the tops of the baguettes with a sharp knife and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the baguettes are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
- Let them cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yields: 2 French baguettes
Enjoy the delightful aroma and taste of homemade French baguettes, perfect for sandwiches, bruschettas, or as a side to your favorite meal.
Nutrition Information: Calories – 180, Fat – 0.5g, Carbohydrates – 37g, Protein – 5g
There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of breaking into a freshly baked baguette, hearing the satisfying crunch of the crust, and savoring the tender, airy crumb. These Homemade French Baguettes are a labor of love, but the results are worth every minute. Whether you’re serving them with cheese and wine or using them for sandwiches, you’ll be proud to share your homemade baguettes with family and friends.