Homemade Mac & Cheese
Mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food, and making it from scratch is a rewarding experience. This creamy, cheesy delight will have your taste buds dancing with joy. Here’s how to whip up a batch of homemade mac and cheese that’s sure to please both kids and adults alike.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Boil the macaroni according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk continuously for about 2 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Slowly pour in the milk while whisking to create a smooth sauce. Cook for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Stir in 3 cups of cheddar cheese until melted and smooth.
- Season the cheese sauce with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce and stir until well coated.
- Transfer the mac and cheese to a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Serve hot and enjoy your homemade mac and cheese!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Creamy and delicious homemade mac and cheese that’s perfect for any occasion.
Nutrition Information: Calories per serving – 450, Fat – 25g, Carbohydrates – 35g, Protein – 18g
Mac and cheese is a classic dish that never goes out of style. Whether you’re serving it as a side dish or as the main course, this homemade version will impress your family and friends. The rich and creamy cheese sauce paired with perfectly cooked macaroni is a match made in heaven. So, the next time you’re craving comfort food, give this homemade mac and cheese recipe a try. It’s sure to become a family favorite!