Homemade Tomato Basil Pesto
Picture yourself in a sunny Italian garden, surrounded by the aroma of ripe tomatoes and fresh basil. Now, bring that experience to your kitchen with our delicious Homemade Tomato Basil Pesto recipe. This simple yet flavorful pesto sauce is a perfect addition to pasta, sandwiches, or as a dip. Get ready to elevate your dishes to a whole new level!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by toasting the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until they turn golden brown. Let them cool.
- In a food processor, combine the toasted pine nuts, basil leaves, cherry tomatoes, grated Parmesan cheese, and garlic cloves. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil until the pesto reaches your desired consistency. You can add more oil if needed.
- Season the pesto with salt and pepper to taste. Give it a final pulse to mix everything together.
- Your Homemade Tomato Basil Pesto is ready to be enjoyed! Serve it over cooked pasta, spread it on a sandwich, or use it as a dip for crusty bread.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Approximately 1 cup
This Homemade Tomato Basil Pesto is bursting with fresh flavors and can be used in various dishes to add a taste of Italy to your meals. It’s a crowd-pleaser that will have your family and friends asking for seconds!
Nutrition Information: Calories: 120 | Fat: 12g | Protein: 3g | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fiber: 1g
Picture yourself savoring the delightful aroma and taste of Homemade Tomato Basil Pesto. Whether you’re preparing a quick weeknight dinner or hosting a gathering, this homemade pesto will be a hit. The vibrant green color and robust flavors make it a versatile sauce that can transform any dish into a culinary masterpiece. So, gather your ingredients, blend up some love, and indulge in the taste of Italy with our Homemade Tomato Basil Pesto. Buon appetito!