Mexican Street Corn (Elote)
If you’ve ever strolled the lively streets of Mexico, you’ve undoubtedly encountered the enticing aroma and taste of Elote, a beloved street food. Elote, also known as Mexican Street Corn, is a delicious and iconic dish that combines the flavors of charred corn, creamy mayonnaise, tangy lime, and savory cotija cheese.
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Salt to taste
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Peel back the husks of the corn without removing them. Remove the silks and then pull the husks back up.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise evenly over the grilled corn.
- Sprinkle the cotija cheese, chili powder, and chopped cilantro over the corn.
- Squeeze lime juice over the corn and season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the flavors of the Mexican streets!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Mexican Street Corn (Elote) is a delightful and flavorful street food that brings the taste of Mexico to your table. Charred corn, creamy mayonnaise, tangy lime, and savory cotija cheese create a mouthwatering combination that’s hard to resist.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 245, Fat: 17g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 5g
Transport yourself to the bustling streets of Mexico with each bite of this delectable Mexican Street Corn (Elote). The smoky charred corn, combined with the creamy mayonnaise and the zing of lime, will have your taste buds dancing in delight. The crumbled cotija cheese adds a salty kick, while the chili powder and cilantro bring a burst of flavor. It’s a simple yet incredibly satisfying dish that embodies the vibrant and bold flavors of Mexican cuisine. Enjoy this iconic street food at your next gathering and watch it disappear amidst joyful chatter and satisfied smiles.