Nutty Quinoa and Cranberry Pilaf
Nutty Quinoa and Cranberry Pilaf is a delightful and nutritious dish that will elevate any meal. This recipe combines the earthy flavors of quinoa with the sweet and tart notes of cranberries, creating a harmonious balance of taste and texture.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (such as almonds or pecans)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by rinsing the quinoa under cold water to remove any bitterness.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic, and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add the quinoa to the skillet and toast it for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the dried cranberries and chopped nuts, and let the mixture sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Fluff the pilaf with a fork, garnish with fresh herbs if desired, and serve hot.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutty Quinoa and Cranberry Pilaf is a versatile side dish that pairs perfectly with roasted vegetables, grilled chicken, or as a standalone vegan meal. It’s not only delicious but also packed with protein and antioxidants.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 250, Protein: 6g, Carbohydrates: 40g, Fiber: 5g, Sugars: 10g
Nutty Quinoa and Cranberry Pilaf is a recipe that will impress your family and friends. Its vibrant colors and rich flavors make it a standout dish for holiday gatherings or weeknight dinners. Plus, it’s quick and easy to prepare, making it a go-to recipe for busy cooks. Try it today and savor the wholesome goodness of this delightful pilaf.