Rustic Cornbread Stuffing
If you’re looking for a side dish that captures the essence of comfort food, look no further than this Rustic Cornbread Stuffing. This hearty stuffing is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving or holiday table, and it’s sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 loaf of cornbread
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cornbread into small cubes and let them dry out overnight.
- In a large skillet, sauté the celery, onion, carrots, and garlic until they’re soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dried cornbread cubes and the sautéed vegetable mixture.
- Pour the chicken or vegetable broth over the mixture and stir until it’s well combined.
- Transfer the stuffing to a greased baking dish and cover it with foil.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
This Rustic Cornbread Stuffing is a timeless classic that combines the rich, comforting flavors of cornbread with savory herbs and vegetables. It’s the perfect side dish for any holiday meal or special occasion. Your guests will love the hearty, rustic texture and the delicious blend of flavors in every bite. Whether you’re serving it alongside roast turkey or enjoying it as a stand-alone dish, this cornbread stuffing is sure to be a hit at your table.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Rustic Cornbread Stuffing is more than just a side dish; it’s a taste of tradition and comfort that brings friends and family together. With its irresistible aroma and savory flavors, this stuffing will make your holiday feast truly memorable. So, make this recipe a part of your next celebration, and savor the warmth and love it brings to your table.