Rustic Italian Bread Making
Rustic Italian bread is a timeless classic, and making it from scratch is a deeply satisfying culinary journey. The aroma of freshly baked bread wafting through your kitchen is simply irresistible.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Gradually add the yeast mixture and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise for 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) and place a baking stone or an inverted baking sheet inside to heat.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and shape it into a round loaf. Place it on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Slash the top of the loaf with a sharp knife, then place it on the preheated baking stone or sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Allow the bread to cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
Enjoy the simplicity of Rustic Italian Bread Making with this easy-to-follow recipe. The crusty exterior and soft, airy interior will transport you straight to Italy.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 160 | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 33g | Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 365mg
Rustic Italian Bread Making is a labor of love that’s worth every moment. Whether you serve it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar or use it to make a sandwich, this homemade bread will elevate any meal. So roll up your sleeves, embrace the art of bread making, and savor the taste of Italy right in your own home.