Sesame Teriyaki Glazed Tofu Steaks
Picture this: a sizzling pan, the aromatic dance of sesame and teriyaki in the air, and the promise of a mouthwatering plant-based delight—Sesame Teriyaki Glazed Tofu Steaks. In this culinary adventure, we explore the fusion of flavors and textures that make this recipe a standout.
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, pressed and sliced into steaks
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat.
- Brush tofu steaks with sesame oil, ensuring an even coat.
- Sear tofu steaks until golden brown on both sides.
- In a bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, garlic, and ginger.
- Brush the teriyaki glaze onto the seared tofu steaks.
- Sprinkle green onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the glaze to caramelize.
- Serve hot, garnished with extra sesame seeds and green onions.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Sesame Teriyaki Glazed Tofu Steaks are a delightful blend of savory and sweet, with a perfect balance of crispiness and tenderness. Each bite is a journey into the heart of Asian-inspired flavors, making it an instant favorite for both tofu enthusiasts and those new to plant-based cuisine.
Nutritional Information: (per serving) Calories: 220 | Protein: 15g | Carbohydrates: 12g | Fat: 14g
The Sesame Teriyaki Glazed Tofu Steaks are not just a dish; they are an experience—a culinary masterpiece that transforms simple ingredients into a symphony of taste. So, gather around, embark on this flavor-filled voyage, and savor the magic of plant-based cooking.