Slow-Cooker Beef Stew Comfort Food
Slow-Cooker Beef Stew is the epitome of comfort food. On a chilly day, there’s nothing quite like coming home to the aroma of a hearty stew that has been simmering away all day. This recipe combines tender chunks of beef, root vegetables, and aromatic herbs and spices to create a satisfying meal that warms both body and soul.
- 2 pounds of beef stew meat, cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the beef stew meat, carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic in the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the beef broth, red wine, dried thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Cooking Time: 6-8 hours
Yields: 6 servings
Slow-Cooker Beef Stew Comfort Food is the ultimate winter dish. The long, slow cooking process allows the flavors to meld together, creating a rich and hearty stew that will have your family asking for seconds. Serve it with crusty bread or over a bed of mashed potatoes for a complete and satisfying meal.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
– Calories: 350
– Fat: 12g
– Carbohydrates: 25g
– Protein: 30g
Slow-Cooker Beef Stew Comfort Food is not just a meal; it’s a warm embrace on a cold day. Whether you’re serving it to your family or guests, this recipe is sure to become a winter favorite. The tender beef, savory vegetables, and aromatic broth make for a comforting and delicious dish that will leave everyone feeling satisfied and content.