Slow Cooker Beef Stew | Hearty Comfort Food
Create a storytelling style description of at least 200 to 300 words about the recipe Slow Cooker Beef Stew | Hearty Comfort Food
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the beef stew meat on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic to the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef broth, red wine (if using), diced tomatoes, bay leaves, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour this mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Before serving, remove the bay leaves and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Yield: 6 servings
Warm, comforting, and packed with flavor, this Slow Cooker Beef Stew is the ultimate comfort food. Tender beef, hearty vegetables, and a savory broth come together to create a satisfying meal that’s perfect for a chilly day.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 350, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 40g
Make a story conclusion of at least 200 to 300 words about the recipe Slow Cooker Beef Stew | Hearty Comfort Food