Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional pasta, Spaghetti Squash Alfredo is a must-try dish. With its creamy, garlicky Alfredo sauce and tender strands of roasted spaghetti squash, this recipe is a perfect combination of indulgence and nutrition.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the inside of the squash halves with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash halves cut side down on a baking sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the Alfredo sauce. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring it to a simmer. Stir in the Parmesan cheese until the sauce thickens.
- Once the squash is done, use a fork to scrape out the flesh into strands.
- Place the spaghetti squash strands in a serving dish and pour the Alfredo sauce over them.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy your healthy Spaghetti Squash Alfredo!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Indulge in the rich flavors of Alfredo sauce without the guilt by using spaghetti squash as your pasta substitute. This Spaghetti Squash Alfredo recipe is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-delicious.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 420, Fat: 34g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 9g
If you’re searching for a satisfying and wholesome meal, look no further than Spaghetti Squash Alfredo. This dish combines the creamy goodness of Alfredo sauce with the mild sweetness of roasted spaghetti squash. It’s a comforting and low-carb alternative to traditional pasta dishes, making it perfect for those looking to indulge without the guilt.
The spaghetti squash serves as a fantastic pasta substitute, providing a unique texture that complements the rich and flavorful Alfredo sauce. Roasting the squash enhances its natural sweetness and adds a subtle nuttiness to the dish. The creamy Alfredo sauce, made with heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic, is the perfect accompaniment, creating a velvety coating for the tender squash strands.
This Spaghetti Squash Alfredo is easy to prepare and makes for an elegant weeknight dinner or a crowd-pleasing dish for special occasions. It’s a versatile recipe that can be customized with your favorite toppings or additional vegetables.
Make this dish tonight and savor the satisfaction of a creamy pasta experience with a healthy twist. It’s a surefire way to please your taste buds and nourish your body.