Spicy Sausage Jambalaya
Create a delightful culinary journey with our Spicy Sausage Jambalaya. This dish is a perfect blend of bold flavors, hearty ingredients, and a touch of spice that will transport your taste buds straight to the heart of Louisiana. Whether you’re a fan of Creole cuisine or just looking to spice up your dinner routine, this recipe is a must-try.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 12 oz andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced andouille sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and diced green bell pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic, Cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the long-grain white rice and stir to coat it with the spices and vegetables.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes (with their juice), chicken broth, and the cooked andouille sausage. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff the jambalaya with a fork, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve hot.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Spicy Sausage Jambalaya is a classic Southern dish with a kick of heat. It’s the perfect one-pot meal that’s loaded with savory and smoky flavors. Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or a cozy dinner at home, this jambalaya will satisfy your craving for a taste of the Bayou.
Nutrition Information: (per serving) Calories: 390, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 16g
Create unforgettable memories around the dinner table with our Spicy Sausage Jambalaya. This dish is more than just a meal; it’s a journey through the vibrant and flavorful world of Creole cuisine. With the perfect balance of spice, smokiness, and heartiness, it’s a recipe that will have your family and friends coming back for seconds. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to savor the taste of Louisiana with this mouthwatering jambalaya!