Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
Picture this: a plate of warm, cheesy Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas, fresh out of the oven, with a hint of smoky spices and a touch of sweetness from the sweet potatoes. This recipe is a delightful fusion of flavors that will satisfy both your comfort food cravings and your desire for something healthy and nutritious.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced sweet potatoes and cook until they start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the black beans, cumin, smoked paprika, and chili powder. Cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make them pliable.
- Spread a spoonful of enchilada sauce on each tortilla. Place a portion of the sweet potato and black bean mixture on each tortilla, then sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas and place them seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the enchiladas are heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
These Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas are a delicious and wholesome twist on classic enchiladas. The sweet potatoes add a natural sweetness and creaminess, while the black beans provide protein and fiber. It’s a satisfying meal that’s perfect for family dinners or gatherings with friends. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your diet!
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrates: 54g
Dietary Fiber: 10g
Imagine the aroma filling your kitchen as these enchiladas bake to perfection. The combination of flavors and textures in these Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas is sure to make them a family favorite. Whether you’re a vegetarian or simply looking for a delicious meatless meal, this recipe has you covered. Enjoy the warmth and comfort of a homemade Mexican-inspired dish, and don’t be surprised if it becomes a regular feature on your dinner table!