Veggie-Packed Spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti Bolognese, a classic Italian dish, gets a nutritious twist in this Veggie-Packed Spaghetti Bolognese recipe. As a passionate chef and Pinterest SEO expert, I understand the importance of creating flavorful and visually appealing recipes that not only satisfy the taste buds but also attract food enthusiasts from around the world.
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add minced garlic, grated carrot, diced zucchini, and chopped red bell pepper to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add lean ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Serve the veggie-packed Bolognese sauce over cooked spaghetti. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Enjoy the wholesome goodness of this Veggie-Packed Spaghetti Bolognese, where traditional flavors meet nutritious vegetables. Perfect for a cozy family dinner or a gathering with friends.
Nutritional information: Calories: 380, Carbohydrates: 56g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 8g
Make this Veggie-Packed Spaghetti Bolognese a staple in your kitchen. It’s not only a delight for your taste buds but also a feast for your eyes, making it a popular choice among Pinterest users seeking both flavor and nutrition in their meals.