Warm Up with Creamy Tomato Soup
When the chilly winter winds start blowing, there’s nothing quite like a steaming bowl of creamy tomato soup to warm you up. This comforting classic is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make. Whether you’re serving it as a quick weeknight dinner or as a starter for a special meal, this recipe is sure to impress.
- 4 large tomatoes, ripe and juicy
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Start by roasting the tomatoes. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut the tomatoes in half, drizzle them with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place them on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until they are soft and slightly caramelized.
- In a large pot, sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic in olive oil until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and vegetable broth to the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Heat gently without boiling, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves for a burst of flavor and color.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Creamy tomato soup is a classic comfort food that’s perfect for warming up on cold days. With ripe tomatoes, aromatic onions and garlic, and a touch of cream, it’s a rich and flavorful dish that will satisfy your taste buds.
Nutritional information per serving (approximate):
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
When you sip on a bowl of this creamy tomato soup, you’ll be transported to a cozy, warm kitchen filled with the aromas of home-cooked goodness. It’s the perfect way to chase away the winter chill and enjoy a bowl of pure comfort. Whether you enjoy it with a grilled cheese sandwich or as a standalone dish, this soup is a true crowd-pleaser that will keep you coming back for more.